View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Strawman

The other thing to consider (if you want the superior front M3-style strut-mounted sway bar tabs) is that adjustable rebound Koni Sports are inserts. This means you must cut off the top of the factory M3 Bilstein front strut bodies and drill a hole in the bottom to mount the Koni insert. Since I already had new 4-cylinder spec Koni Sports on my 318ti when I swapped in 6-cylinder engine, I merely swapped over the M3 hubs/spindles/brakes, which also increased the negative camber. But I kept the factory M3 strut bodies so that I can buy 6-cylinder spec Koni struts at a later date to better handle the extra weight.

One other thing to consider if you go the M Coupe/Roadster route is to also grab the larger-bore master cylinder/booster from the M car. I swapped in the M3 master/booster when I did the front M3 engine and brake swap, and also swapped in larger-bore E34 calipers in the rear to maintain good front/rear brake bias.
Sleeper Calypsorot 1996 318ti tintop. CA-legal swapped S52 from '98 M3, and ZF transmission with lightened flywheel/clutch. Magnaflow 2-into-1 muffler. Six-cylinder Eibach springs in front and 318ti H&R Sport springs in rear. Koni Sport adjustable dampers all around. Racing Dynamics 28mm & 19mm swaybars. M3 front hubs/brakes, E34 rear calipers, braided SS brake lines, Hawk HP-S pads. DS-II wheels. Polyflex purple bushings throughout, and factory lower x-brace. Fan delete mod. Engine mount reinforcements welded-in. 3.25 LSD rear diff from E28 & E30 axles.
Strawman is offline   Reply With Quote