View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 02:57 AM   #115
andakn

It's the size of the ring and pinion gears thats hurting it. In the photo above thats a full tooth off of the pinion gear. Im going to tear into it tomarrow and ill post some pics. Lately I have been taking Nikki (my silver ti, Markos old one) to the open night at the track. The first two nights i ran the drag strip and it was pretty consistent at 14.6 @ 97mph. Its mostly the way marko had it with the metric mechanic fi motor and 15psi pulley, i did change the exaust to a long tube headder into a 2.5 collector and it has an electronic cut out valve right after the collector. I also made it a free vent pcv system with a catch can and made a more efficient cold air intake on it. But the motor and tune is how he had it. Last time out i went into the drift pit and had so much fun with it I'm going again next weekend. It's a tricky one to get to slide, it has a very fine point where the back whips around so violently. Witch is making me want to start tweeking the suspension on it. Too many projects at once, and I'm still working when i can on my 68 camaro to get it back on the road.
andakn is offline   Reply With Quote