View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
autoxerwgn

I purchased a sedan dash for the swap. Dunno about the support on the passenger side since the parts catalog says that the sedan and coupe use the same part number.

Today, I managed to swap over the under-dash harness and IHKA. I reconnected the battery to test things out and it seems that the OBC is working at this point. I will need to re-arrange/re-wire some pins and wires going to and from the check control module to get the rear lights working but otherwise things seem ok. The IHKA also powered up and I heard the flapper motors move around so that seems to be working too. The only thing I noticed when I was installing the heater box was that the drain was in a different spot. I knocked out the hole that I needed (already there in the tunnel just not punched out) and ended up using the circle that I popped out of the firewall for the battery relocate and using that to seal the original drain hole.

I still need to finish running the battery cable to the back of the car, re-do the rear light wiring as mentioned above, and run the wires for the rear wheel speed sensors to the back. Other than that, I think the wiring is pretty much done.

For some unknown reason, I ended up starting the swap on the interior of the car so I'm going to try and get the stock engine and trans out next so I can finish swapping over the M3's ABS unit, and brake booster to see if there are any fitment issues there. After that, I think I am going to try and finish the driveline first to make sure that I don't need to rearrange any other dash wiring to make things work.

I guess once I pull the stock components, I can compare the 2 transmissions that I have and see what may or may not fit. I would rather have the M3 trans paired to the rest of the M driveline but it's nice to know that I can just use the stock ti trans regardless.
11 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
94 Mazda Miata R
autoxerwgn is offline   Reply With Quote