View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 05:09 PM   #12
autoxerwgn

So I finally got everything installed and most of it seems to work correctly. After I installed the roadster rear subframe and connected the ABS sensors up, the ASC and ABS lights went and stayed out during the short roadtest. I am in the process of reassembling the interior and other for some minor fitment issues in the center console area between the sedan/coupe console and the ti tunnel, everything seems to be going ok. I still need to get the rest of the dash kick panels from a sedan to go with the sedan dashboard as the coupe ones don't match up. I also still have to re-wire the headlights to take the check control module out of the loop as the "Check Control Inactive" message comes on only when I turn the lights on. I can't wait until I get the exhaust fabbed up and am able to drive it around!

Some notes that I found during the install:
-S52 + M3 Trans + M Roadster Rear Subframe, use a driveshaft from a 328i or is. It fit fine with the ti subframe still in the car but the center bearing was not centered in the bolt holes, and pulled towards the back of the car. Still bolted up fine with no tension on the support bearing itself. With the Roadster diff, the driveshaft fits like it was made for the car with the support bearing totally centered.

-The top of the Roadster diff is very close to the rear sheet metal and not sure if it's actually hitting yet. I did have to bend the mount tab away from the diff too as it was also touching.
11 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
94 Mazda Miata R
autoxerwgn is offline   Reply With Quote