View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 09:47 PM   #2
e30topdown
ti Daily

INA is the OEM supplier for BMW. Excellent quality. I always order INA for pulley and tensioner parts for my e36s and for the timing belt tensioner on my e30.

As far as the pulley bolts and dust covers go, these have changed on some, but not all. The last M44 tensioner I did was August of 2015 and the bolt head was unchanged and I was able to reuse the dust cover. It snapped right on. But I had to put a new serpentine tensioner on an M52 (98 328i) in February and the bolt was completely different and the dust cover wouldn't fit. I also put a new idler pulley on and it was unchanged from the original. Didn't really matter to me as I was rescuing the car from a crap head PO and finding a new home for it.

Know that changes are more and more likely as production spreads out all over the world. A hex bolt may take the place of a torx bolt or vice versa, a groove for a dust cap may be omitted, or in my case, the bolt head was no longer recessed enough and the dust cap wouldn't go on at all. I have seen Behr parts over the last couple of years that were made in a variety of countries: Germany, Turkey, India, and Indonesia.

I still have confidence in Behr and INA parts, though.

Ken

1992 325iC M Technic appearance Diamantschwarz 5 spd. heated seats
1993 325iC Schwarz II 5 spd. SOLD
1997 318ti Active Boston Gruen, Sandgrau w/M Technic interior swap Millpoint Gray
1999 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II, Dinan Stage 3 software, high flow throttle body, and CAI
2001 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic
BMW CCA 369408

Last edited by e30topdown; 09-14-2016 at 10:02 PM.
e30topdown is offline   Reply With Quote