View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
benz-tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Firestone View Post
Could you give some particulars about the car, for example the month and year it was built, what engine is has and what market it was built for?

Is 'nor-cal' Northern California?
The car is a '91 (07-90) 318i E30 . The swap came from a '96 318ti manual car without traction control. I don't know the prod date of the ti but its early enough to lack air injection. Both are US market vehicles from California.

After hours and hours of searching, a few guys over at r3v have run into similar issues with obd2 m/s 52 swaps. Their issue seems to be that the E30 speedo output to DME is based on the diff sensor and it reads 5x slower than the 48t wheel sensor speed their DME expects to see. That tells me that at least their DME is getting some form of speed signal from ABS since even an E36 speedo gets its signal from the diff. I would be happy if it read too slow.

I'm down to a few possibilities. 1 the 12v sitting on pin 83 implies that the speed input is a 12v square wave. I kinda tried getting this straight from the diff sensor. 2 ABS sends a signal via Rxd line( I'm so screwed if so) 3 my DME is bad. Easy enough to fix.
benz-tech is offline   Reply With Quote