View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 03:17 AM   #11
AnuketTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR View Post
thanks man - what are repeaters? the lights on the back of the front fenders? any pics of how they are supposed to look? VIN ends in AS97194.
The repeaters are those lights on the side of the fenders, trade them from side to side and that should fix it.

Quote:
did first long road trip with her last night:
  • very tight and crisp, feels solid. very nice to drive.
  • 75 mph cruise, engine is almost 3500 RPM. what gears do you think it has?
  • when i started it, the ignition cylinder spun around a few times as I turned the key; very weird. Eventutally it clicked and started up fine. what is that issue?
  • on way home, at night, i noticed there was no backlighting to the HVAC controls. how hard is it to change that bulb?
Sounds like you have the standard 3.45 rear diff. I run similar RPMs while cruising. Everyone says that's normal on these cars. Still takes getting used to for me.

Hmmm.... my key does that weird spin thing sometimes as well. That is usually supposed to occur when you put the wrong key in the ignition. Maybe it's just age, wear and tear on the ignition barrel?

My HVAC controls are no longer lit up as well. To get to them, pull out the dial knobs on the HVAC controls and I believe you'll need a small allen head to get them out (There should be a small hole visible once you pull the knobs off). The bulbs are some weird bulbs that BMW will probably charge you like $10 each or something. Not sure AutoZone and the rest have them.

Quote:
regarding airbag light, i would think you can jump 2 of the wires from the 20 pin underhood port together to turn off the light. isn't that where the took plugs in? has anyone diagnosed the wires in the underhood port?

i read a post someone said disconnect battery and touch pos and neg leads together for 15 secs but that didn't work.
Don't know about jumping wires in the OBD port. I plan on using a simple Peake Tool to clear my SRS light. Putting the car to sleep as you indicated with the battery disconnect may work. Wait at least 15 - 20 seconds before you touch the leads to each other.
AnuketTi is offline   Reply With Quote