View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #12
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBMWs View Post
Thanks! You all have helped me along with your experiences, so, I am always motivated to give back.

I am actively watching for a donor Z3 2.8L 5 speed to swap into last year's track TI. That would raise the awesomeness for AutoX for sure. More power and not a big weight penalty.

The M44 uses a small case 3.45 LSD. The S52 uses a medium case 2.89 LSD which I am swapping out for a rebuilt medium case 3.25 LSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, great to hear that some of my post have helped others!

I reallly like that your showing actual numbers with details on what you did so others can compare or copy. I will be paying close attention to your setup with the s52, or even more the 2.8 if you get that in there.

Why the choice for 3.25LSD? Just ratio wise, its a great ratio from what I can see, not dogging it all, I won't mind it myself, but why not 3.46?

Are you doing anything to reinforce the rear? Garagetastic seems to have a simple way to convert to a dual ear that might help some of the twisting that will happen with a single ear.

https://store.garagistic.com/e30-secondary-diff-mount

I have thought about going with it eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baas 009 View Post
Very interesting topic! And hello for all from Finland!

BlackBMWs canvas roofed racer seems bit heavier than my tintop...

Here's some readings, in kilograms of course because europe
No idea what value is REAR_BITE, please tell if you know.

Car is equipped with M42 which wasn't available in US if i remember right. -95 was last year of M42 also in Europe. Manual AC and power windows, originally sold to italy , imported to far north much later, with only ~100k on clock.
Thanks for sharing too! Here in the U.S. we did get the m42 in the 1995, but 96+ are all m44.

You should also post up a thread with pictures of your car and how you build it! It will be interesting to see a Finnish build.

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote