Thread: 318ti in snow?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #13
Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyl View Post
I am not for sure on this but your going to have to either do a swap or supercharge it.
Only if your looking for alot more power. Most mods to the M44 are for aesthetics only, intake+exhaust don't make any noticeable gains.

For a commuter car, you really wouldn't want to do much to it to begin with... and a supercharger is about $3k ... and swap will run you about $2500 if you do it all yourself and do the proper upgrades for the bigger motor (brakes, suspension)
To get the Ti down to a 6 secs would take a charger or a swap, and probably then some, that will not be possible unless you spend lots of dough.

For me personally, it was great for commuting car with the 4cyl (work was 60 miles there and back a day)

As for the Ti in the snow, I won't comment because everyone says their great, where me on the other hand - i think its lousy, but again, i was going to work and traveling 60+ miles a day, and did not enjoy it one bit. The highway with any snow on the ground was UNBEARABLE, stick to the back roads if you can.

328Ti

Philly is offline   Reply With Quote