Thread: 318ti in snow?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #14
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_king View Post
As for the Ti in the snow, I won't comment because everyone says their great, where me on the other hand - i think its lousy, but again, i was going to work and traveling 60+ miles a day, and did not enjoy it one bit. The highway with any snow on the ground was UNBEARABLE, stick to the back roads if you can.
I agree with this 100%. But then again I had Dunlop Sport 2000's on the car when I drove from Michigan to Cali. Some of you will remember the horrible ice storm we had in Nov '06 where they shut down I-40. I saw hundreds of rollovers and fender benders. Anything over 25mph was terrifying. Even at 25mph, I still had a difficult time keeping the Ti in a straight line. It took me a week to get home as I was drifting the entire 2000 miles. Every few minutes a semi would send me sliding towards the snow banks and ditches, but luckily I managed to recover and hang on to it each time. The funny thing is that the previous owner threw in a set of snow tires on steelies, but for some reason I never thought about putting them on even though I had them in the back seat! I guess the drifting was too fun, NOT!