View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:34 AM   #8
Clanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead View Post
If you lowered the compression you need to raise the boost to get the relative compression back to normal. You'll need to increase your drive speed by the percent you lowered the compression (Need to confirm mixture etc on a chassis dyno) Of course thats all dependent on the compressor curve of the blower. You can get the chart from magnesun. Each eaton blower has a sweet spot for how many lbs of boost it can put out in an efficient manner. The M62 should let you go way higher than 4 lbs. You may not have the "hit" your expecting off the line with the lowered compression but at mid range you can be way up because your at or above the level you had before the DASC. This can be good in a highly tweeked package because it tames the car on part throttle so you don't loop it from the boost hitting and breaking your tires loose.
This is where my lack of knowledge/understanding of force induction comes in. Those this mean that my lowered compression is effecting my PSI level? Since each cylinder requires more air, the blower can't create as much compression as the normal 10.5:1 setups (i think?)
Clanche is offline   Reply With Quote