View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #26
spidertri

Vehicles

Yeah...I'm not great at posting up right after I work on it. The car is all back together and driving already, I'm just going through my pictures and updating the thread as I have time.

The tank in the battery area is coolant, it is the "euro expansion tank" and came on M3's with the S50B32 motor and the same tank was used on E30s in the USA, so it is available to purchase through US dealers. Really though, you could put any expansion tank up there.

I chose to use that style expansion tank because it then becomes the highest point in the cooling system which makes the system self-bleeding.

I also didn't want to have to retain the stock fan shroud, to hold the rad mounted tank, with a spal fan installed.

It also moves a small bit of weight behind the front axle instead of in front of the axle. Probably not noticeable but every little bit helps.

Yes, that is the stock 318ti transmission. We'll see how it holds up on track, I've found threads saying the getrag 250s are made of glass and do not hold up and others who have run crazy power with no problems.

98 328ti Morea Grun slicktop
11 128i space gray slicktop
13 JGC WK2 Deep Cherry

Search | RealOEM
spidertri is offline   Reply With Quote