View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #9
chrisbec

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_n00b View Post
dang.....yea I have read many threads about these coilovers but never any that said they rubbed with stock wheel/tire combo. Then again, they were probably not on the 16" 5 spokes...

yea I went ahead and purchased some spacers and extended lug bolts, they should be here in a few days. I had some universal 10mm slip ons laying around but of course theyre not hubcentric. I threw them on for mock up purposes and took a look/ measure. 10mm cleared without the suspension fully settled with a little room to spare however I was fearful that once it is settled it might be too close for comfort so I ordered 15mm. Hopefully they wont rub the fenders now....according to my measurements they shouldnt (crossing fingers).
Just FYI, there is a good write up on wheel spacers specific to BMW over on BFC 'Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Wheel Spacers'. Good info if you're interested...

R.I.P schwartz 1990 325is
chrisbec is offline   Reply With Quote