View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #304
yoda

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
This is my first time seeing a Boosted M44 Automatic. It seems like the clutch is slipping but I see the MPH going up quickly. cool!
Most of the time it's me feathering the gas as I'm afraid I'll blow something up... Boost controller gives me 10, then it gives me 15, then it gives me 13-14... So I simply look at where it's hitting and I let off enough to keep it steady (somewhat).
But the shifts are very smooth...

When we were testing yesterday we were pegging it to redline.. with some backfiring, but it shifted smoothly instead of a big crisp jump. We'll try the other EGS to see if there's a difference in how it shifts... and of course I'll have to invest in a GOOD boost controller... the one I have gives me 9psi when closed, then one click (not one turn) gives me the 10-15 jump.

The new code is making the car go up in speed like that... night and day difference!

Custom JohnBoy Turbo, Midnight-Tunning Software, HKS BOV, e-Pod Gauge Pod, BavAuto Springs, Bilstein Sport, e30 3.73 LSD, Depo P36, Apexcone 55w HID, OEM Spoiler, M3 Lip, M3 Mesh Grill, Crossdrilled Rear Rotors, M3 Front Brakes, Sparco 3 point Harness, Euro M3 Wheel, K&N cone, Clear Corner/Sides/Tails, M3 Center Console & Arm-rest, M3 Red Cluster Needles, M3 Mirrors & Side Skirts, RD Exhaust, DS-1 wheels!...
yoda is offline   Reply With Quote