View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 05:22 AM   #1
yoyozhu

Default Please help, weird problem causes my 318ti stall

Hi guys, I have a 97' 318ti manual. Recently it gets some weird problem that I would like to find some help, please. Sometimes, when I put the car in neutral ( the problem only happens when it's neutral or idealing), the rev itself would move up and down strangely. The rev would drop to around 500 rpm and come back to 1000 rmp ( each up and down cycle would take 3-5 secs), and also I could feel some weird shakes from the engine while the rev was dropping.

And the problem turned worse today, when I turned the car on, the rev started to move up and down again. And after it dropped to 500 rpm twice, the car just stalled itself ( it was in neutral, and I didn't step on the accelerator). Then I turned the car on again, the rev was still moving up and down, but I just started to drive it before it could stall, it ran well. After I got my destination, I tried to turn the car on and off for a few times, everything was back to normal, the rev was steady and no sign of stalling.

I'm just wondering what could be happening on my car, anyone got any idea? Please enlighten me, thanks!
yoyozhu is offline   Reply With Quote