View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
SonomaGTLN2

Default Patch Panel Sources/Options

Hey all - last year some time I looked sources for the rocker panel and rear wheel arch for my E36 TI. I seem to recall seeing a few different options at fairly reasonable prices.

Fast forward to 2021, I have a nice MIG welder now and am excited to attack my rust and there is literally nothing available online (there is a $650 part matching the realOEM part number on ECS but I'm not paying half the value of my car for this).

I am hoping the shortage is COVID/supplier related. The only E36 rocker I can find is a 4 door's...which I suppose I could hack up and make work but would prefer to find a 2 dr at the very least, let alone one made for the TI. What am I missing? Are E36 patch panels in general going NLA? It seems like there are plenty of E30 options, what gives?

I want to fix my rust this spring/summer to hopefully get another 5-10 years out of this car without it getting structural. Floor pans and underneath actually look good. Rockers and rear part of back wheel arches need to get addressed before they get worse though.

Thanks!
SonomaGTLN2 is offline   Reply With Quote