View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
mohaughn

hehehe.. No, I think you will find that as soon as you add a supercharger you really limit yourself with what you can do with the car. Which is why I told you I wasn't going to be a part of the DASC group buy. You can do the stage3, but anything after that will have to be a completely custom job, and will cost you a lot of money. If you are not going to be happy with the power put out by the dasc with the stage3 you should have gone with an i6 conversion, or a built out NA m44. But honestly, you should wait until you have the dasc into the car before you worry about whether or not it needs more power.

The other big problem that I have heard with trying to get more power out of the dasc is that it is just about impossible to run any type of intercooler with the car because of how it mounts. I know that one member had put together the parts to do it, but there wasn't much interest. I think it was 1500 for just the intercooler parts. If you don't cool down the supercharger you are going to have issues with predetonation. The last time I was out at Sebring I was talking to another Ti owner and he told me that a few months before the event that we were at some guy blew up his DASC Ti. It just got to hot running in excess of 10psi in the Florida heat out at the track. I'm not sure if he was using the TT Stage3 kit, or had bumped up the output of the DASC on his own.

I really don't think you have the ability to do a 2.2 liter conversion. It is not as simple as just dropping in some new parts. The parts alone to build a 2.2 liter properly are a few grand.
mohaughn is offline   Reply With Quote