Thread: all years DA Supercharger for sale
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #7
yobayn

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick View Post
Better details, photos as soon as possible.

The original Easton/Magnuson blower was bought used and has been fully rebuilt and blueprinted/ported by Stiegemeier Porting Services, several years ago but never installed. 35 year experts in the field, that was around $800. The rotors are uncoated as my plan was to run the unit wet...water/methanol injection spraying before the supercharger. The coating is notoriously weak and usually chunks off in time anyway and can't stand being run wet.

It's fitted with a Pulley Boys pulley, my memory tells me it's a 3.4inch but might be a 3.2inch, those are $90

As a precaution, as the original seems fully functional, I procured a complete new bypass valve and actuator assembly from Mangnuson. Also a spare actuator from the same source. $220

The original manifold is in excellent shape. It is an early model.

The original setup was for an M42 1.8 liter motor and all original brackets and pulleys are included. The original rising rate fuel pressure regulator is included but has not been tested. All original parts are dirty but appear to be in working condition.

I contacted Downing Atlanta and bought all the parts needed to convert the M42 kit to an M44. All those parts are new. It includes a special port block that allows the remote installation of the idle control valve.

New throttle cable

I have a new belt, radiator hose and all available gaskets etc for the M44 install.

My original plans were set aside years ago due to family illnesses and other factors, now unfortunately it is I who is having medical issues so it's time to give up on my boosted dream and pass it on to someone to enjoy. My plan was to not employ the rising rate fuel pressure regulator and use a custom tuned ECM in combination with larger injectors and a larger MAF. I have those parts extra if interested. Memory tells me they are Lucas 44lb and have the proper adaptors and o-rings all bought from Racetronix...$200 plus. I have a used MAF in good condition that normally fits a Porsche that was to be used. I was working with Midnight Tuning Solutions in Canada via a representative here in the states on the tune side but nothing was actually done as again it has never been reinstalled since I bought it and had it reworked. More recently I was considering a standalone system. These make good power with the rising rate fuel pressure regulator but more power and tractability are available with custom tuning for sure. Add the planned water/methanol injection and it should produce 200+ at the rear wheel with a very strong torque and horsepower curve and highly responsive power...and if you don't have your foot in it all the time very respectable fuel economy.

Also I have a complete set of NOS unpainted Hamann rear spoilers for the e36/5 Compact 318ti. These are made of urethane and were used in Europe for the Cup Cars. Includes the hatch spoiler and the roof spoiler. These were always rare in the US and in general and I bought the last set imported into the US back in the early 2000s and never had them installed. They are $1200 but I am open to offers on them and the DA setup.

Everything is in storage and as soon as possible I will get photos and add here.

Waiting on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yobayn is offline   Reply With Quote