View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Dirkk

Default Talk me into it.

Alright guys

Just made a profile to see if I can pick your brain, but who knows, maybe I'll buy a ti and can use this forum daily

I've currently got a 1996 Saturn SL1 with 108xxx that needs some work, maybe 800 bucks tops, but its not awful. I REALLY want a bmw again. I had a 1995 325is black on black(god I loved that car) but I sold it a while ago. I'm either going to buy a 3 series like I had before(not necessarily a 325is) or a ti. If i got the 3 series, I might consider a convertible and fix up my saturn this summer and make it a winter car. I WANT A BMW AGAIN. Here is where you guys can help! I want to be able to work on the car myself, and as the years move on with BMW, the cars MUST be taken to a dealer for more and more basic car care, I don't want that. SO. What models would you recommend? Do you like your ti? Are they easy to maintain? Am I going to crash and die in these Wisconsin winters? How hard are oil filters, parts, roters ect. to find? Is insurance killer?( I know that depends on a lot) Keep in mind I'm basically a car noob, but I have the internet, so I'll be an expert in 5 months, regardless of what I get.

I know I'm dropping a lot in this thread but hey its worth a try, thanks guys for your replies!

tl:dr sell me on a ti
Dirkk is offline   Reply With Quote