View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
BlackBMWs

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferj View Post
Like!

I need to work on the heater control cable for Max, I'm not getting any footwell heat and very little Defrost heat, but lots of center heat...
James, Two of our TI's had Bowden cable issues. For me it was the heater valve cable becoming disconnected. I've not had any issues with the other cables.

95 Active - After two days of normal heater use, My Wife indicated little heat again. Checked the cable fastening on the Heater housing, only to have it popped out again. Reinserted it and placed a short screw just below the cable fitting to keep it from popping out again.

Then I read a DIY TiFreak did re: a tech bulletin on the Bowden cables popping loose. Similar fix to what I did.

I also installed some UHP LED AE in a pair of Depo projectors I got from Artem and repaired the cases. All solid now. They turn on with the ignition. Wifie loves them! Thanks Artem!

98 Sport (Cali) - Dry lubed the Cali top. Preventive maintenance.

Installed a X-Brace. Found another x-brace this week, so figured I better finish up installs for the Cali and the Slicktop. Did the Cali today. I'll drop this X-brace install in the DIY section.

Prep the six compression nuts (Nutserts) for installation.

I did mine shortly after taking this shot. If you have time for the Loctite red to harden, use way less. I prepped these the hour of the install. In retrospect, I'd use half the amount of Loctite next time around. Two of the six bolts locked up pretty well. Four of the bolts released just fine.

A light coat on the Nutsert to help it not spin after installation.

Drill out the subframe holes to accept the Nutsert. (I forgot to take a pic. )

Tighten the nut, not the Allen bolt. Make sure it's on tight, so the Nutsert won't spin. When the nut stops, you've crushed the Nutsert sufficiently. Reverse and extract the allen bolt.

Had to improvise with the bolts 5&6 (Center) with spares from the bolt bin.

I had to elongate the holes on the frame bar 1/8" to get the frame crossbar bolts to go in straight. Should be good. Now just waiting for the rear Mason bar to arrive.

Installed a pair of smoked side signal turn indicators. I have a pair for the front for when I install the Depo HIDs up front. I'll get to the coilovers eventually...

1998 318ti Sport - "Cali" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior, Cali top
1998 318ti Sport - "Max" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior, S52
1997 318ti Sport - "Tiny" Schwartz II/Schwartz sport interior
1995 318ti Active - "Blanca" Alpineweib III/Schwartz leather interior

Other Current Bimmers: 2006 530i / 2000 2.3L Z3 / 1997 1.9L Z3 / 1999 540it

1997 318ti Sport - "Huera" - RIP
1995 318ti Active - RIP
1995 318ti Sport - "Tiny" Sold
1994 325i Sedan - "Jade" - Sold
1991 318ic - "Bert" - Sold
1985 635csi sold
1984 533i "Max" Sold
1984 318i sold

BMWCCA #160411

SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!

Last edited by BlackBMWs; 01-20-2015 at 04:27 PM.