View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #9
Tyler
TRETEN IRGENDEINES ESELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgirl View Post
my questions are these: one, if the radiator and thermostat were already replaced, why the heck weren't these stupid plastic pieces replaced at that time, especially if they are as notorious for breaking as I've been reading about on here?!

and two, if these f'ing plastic pieces are so notorious for breaking, shouldn't they maybe be recalled or something?
These plastic flanges are behind the engine inbewtween the firewall and the engine. This is not a simple fix since you have to take apart some of the engine to get at the pieces. I had mine replaced when mine crapped out about a year ago and that price sounds about right. BMW should've made these pieces metal instead of plastic maybee the would've held up better.

One member says you got ripped off,not sure if he was meaning the car or what you just had fixed. If he new any better he would realize you did not get ripped off on the price of these repairs. Maybee he/she will understand that once this happens to them.. He should look up the part and read up on what has to be done top get at this part...
clear outs all around,stealth turning signals,blue led interior lights, 35% tinted windows,K&N air filter, 12" Kenwood Sub, MTX Thunder Amp,Alpine cd changer, Leatherz Armrest,ACS Pedals/Handbrake/FloorMats & Vitesse Tuning Carbon Fiber B-Pillars/CF Spark Plug Cover, New 16" MSW Typer 14 Rims on Goodyear Triple Treds

www.myspace.com/avusblueti
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote