View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #10
cright

Update: Car ran great for several weeks while I was waiting for the new intake boot to arrive. The boot arrived Wednesday, but I wasn't in a hurry to install it, kinda waiting to see if the symptom would occur again (was using STP gas treatment because I'm a bit superstitious). Thursday, on the way home, I filled the car with gas and Friday morning the symptom was back..stalling (even if I sit parked holding rpms a 2k, it would run for a little while then stall). Luckily, I live on a hill and the coast to the bottom keeps it moving enough for the symptom to go away. Also even when the car is hot, if I park on a steep incline or decline, the symptom seems much more likely to occur (it did this Friday when it was fully warmed up). As soon as I start moving, it stops and the car runs great. My local BMW guy says (I stopped by Friday) it's the fuel filter which I am changing Monday. Now am thinking it may be the fuel filter or the intake sock at the bottom of the gas tank. When I purchased the car a few months ago, the dealer had run the tank nearly dry..not just into the orange but to the bottom of it. Last night I installed the intake boot...like I said the old one had cracks anyway (none looked completely thru tho). Thanks for your comments / advise.
cright is offline   Reply With Quote