View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 01:19 PM   #305
e30topdown
ti Daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwjen View Post
Thanks so much!! Tomorrow my ti goes into my husband's shop where he will be putting on 2 oxygen sensors, a thermostat, & both front & back brakes. It's a start. I'm taking it to his shop just because it'll be easier for him to work on while on a lift. He will just have to work on it in between paying customers. In the 2 weeks i've had my ti, she went into high temp twice......every other time I drive, she is fine. My husband didn't want to believe me, but to me that is a classic thermostat symptom. I ordered all of the parts from Advance. It's weird, because when I had my E34 I always got them from bavarian. Right now the registration is out of date, so i've gotta get the CEL out to get the inspection.
Glad to hear your ti is getting New stuff! I order from several places. Ed McKernan is great at BimmerBumCo. He drives a ti ClubSport himself. I have also used Pelican, BavAuto, FCPEuro, and EEuroParts. Many have various brands to choose from for the same part. Get the part number from realoem.com and go shopping!
I'm about to do some major work on my e30 cabrio. Engine seals, entire cooling system (24 years old), timing belt, ignition, etc. and just gave it a new B12 Pro Kit from Bilstein. Got things from several of the vendors above.
Hope you enjoy your ti as much as I enjoy mine!

1992 325iC M Technic appearance Diamantschwarz 5 spd. heated seats
1993 325iC Schwarz II 5 spd. SOLD
1997 318ti Active Boston Gruen, Sandgrau w/M Technic interior swap Millpoint Gray
1999 M Roadster Dakar Yellow II, Dinan Stage 3 software, high flow throttle body, and CAI
2001 Z3 3.0i Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic
BMW CCA 369408
e30topdown is offline   Reply With Quote