View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #3
Tdaniel

Default Why

It is a great car.

I bought it about 6 months ago for my with to drive a a daily commuter.

I got a good price on it because it needed fixing up body wise, I put a new front bumper cover on it and then had the entire car gone over by a professional paint shop fixing every detail. New paint in "Carbon Black". The car looks as if it just rolled out of the showroom. I took the time to pull as many of the lights and molding off prior to painting, Very little taping.
Less than 2 weeks back on the road and my wife calls to ask what it means when the engine is clicking, smells bad and the lights are on. Of coarse I said pull over now and shut it off but by that time it was way to late. The result was a hole in the head the size of my little finger and 3 cylinders failing a leak down. I had the mechanic replace the engine with an M44 from a 97 that had 50K on it. Also replaced the cooling system front to back. The cause was a cracked radiator.
I got the engine for a good price but the labor was very high. I now have well over $10,000 in this car and love it but my wife will no longer drive it due to her fear it will leave her stranded. It just sits in my driveway while I owe on it. She only drives the Jeep now.

New tires, wheels, replaced engine, new fogs, paint, rear hatch shocks, new brakes. Not much major stuff left to fail.

I hate to see it go but could use the money now. Every day I wonder if I am making the right decision or if I will regret letting it go. This is the best driving car I have ever owned.