View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 11:25 PM   #129
MisterM52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
I got an S52 in my 318ti, which has worked out amazing - still loving it in Boston, MA area now :P But I do have an E30 that I wanted to keep as stock as possible, and it has a late M42 motor already (Out of a 95 318ti). It had been sitting for the past 6 or so years, but I will want to get it back on the road in the next couple of years. I was wondering if you guys tested the functionality on an E30 chassis, I am seriously interested in getting one of these kits, looking through the site the price is pretty low (which is awesome), but there are a bunch of missing pieces? (Theres a hose kit and some other stuff thats separate? And does the supercharger come with it? Injectors? Variable Pressure regulator?) I'm looking for a modest power increase, maybe having the E30 with around 200HP from a stock motor would be awesome, with mostly stock hardware - I'll want to do up the brakes, LSD and other stuff at the same time.

Side note; hi again everyone
We actually have the M45 Eaton Supercharger running on a M42B18 and it easily sees 10 - 12 PSI. 200HP would be a walk in the park for the V4 MOAB SC14 Kit (50% Larger than the M45) as well as the WMD V456 using the M45 and M62 Superchargers.

Now, what we supply is the complete bolt on hardware, you have to source your own supercharger (M45 or M62). The Superchargers we do stock are the SC14, AMR500 and such.

You can add your own intercooler kit and extra silicone hoses. You would want larger injectors, a rising rate (not variable) fuel pressure regulator is not needed if you can do a proper tune, you could use a wideband afr o2 sensor. With the M62 and SC14 you could push the little M42 up to the power levels of an S50B30 engine. But it all depends on the tune itself. The 318Ti and E30 are both solid chassis, they can hold power a lot better than the usual E36 and E46.

I suggest getting in touch with a tuner such as Kassel Performance in Pennsylvania. They are our official tuners from this year on wards.

Grab the SC14 Kit for the M42, its in stock and its the largest one ever built for these engines. You can get a good load of boost and its a very simple setup. The new generation of M45 and M62 kits are at least 6 months away.
MisterM52 is offline   Reply With Quote