View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 AM   #45
blowin 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx View Post
Run the 3922. I've run them for years and they are the only plugs I run. They are cheep but are copper which is the best conductor. They also hide the ceramic and tip in the plug so it is not exposed to the combustion process which is much safer on a boosted motor. I change mine every 10,000 miles. Autolite 3922 are cold plugs and the best by far, I have turned on a few people to these with boosted motors and all that have run them report less detonation issues and better running cars overall. Copper is the best metal to run, don't be fooled by high priced metal on your plugs, it only makes it harder for your coil to jump the gap and make a good spark.

Take the AFR to 11.5 and you will be a little safer with no loss in power. I run 11.0-11.3 on my AFR on my street tune and have seen no power increase by going any leaner like 11.5 or higher. It only damages parts when you run that lean

Also on the compression test, do it with the TB open and it might even out all cylinders.

John S
i raced a stock chrysler 300 srt arent they 6.1 L 425 hp that car is fast i thought he had me as soon as the turbo kicked in he was 5 cars in my mirror & all i got from him was dirty looks. i should have rolled down my window and said how's it feel to get smoked by a 4 banger lmfao...
blowin 4 is offline   Reply With Quote