View Single Post
Old 06-09-2023, 09:43 PM   #1
Ultraviolet

Default 318ti AMR500 Supercharger Hyde Motorworks

Hi 318ti Form I am an owner of a 1995 318Ti and I will be attempting to install a AMR 500 supercharger in it this Spring / Summer.

There are a lot of random things on the internet and youtube with regards to this small supercharger and I am hoping to flesh-out the pros and cons of the unit.

I am in possession of a Hyde Motorworks MOAB 4 Kit hydemotorworks.com
I also have a AMR 500 charger that I have purchased off of Alibaba Express.

I will post my progress over the next month or so and will do my best to take this project to completion.

Things to know:

-I am not looking to make my car a 1/4 mile monster...just looking for a small bump in power.

-I live at 3200ft / 975 m above sea level so air is already at a premium up here.

-The Hyde Kit is meant for a M43-M44 engine so there will be some changes for my M42 engine

-Hyde has a great install video on his site for this unit so if you want a really good look at his product(s) please go explore.

-I have a very good build partner who is an ex-machinist and a past owner of a 318 DASC car so he will be the main installer of most items.

-I am very new to posting on these forms so excuse me being a Luddite in the future.
Ultraviolet is offline   Reply With Quote