View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 07:44 PM   #10
Etienne

I've been playing around with the idea of a transplant for a while, and though it will be quite some time before that dream becomes a reality I am trying to read up and do some homework.

A couple of questions re: the Euro 3.0.

I'm all about a good time, but my ti is still my daily driver. How much does this mod affect the actual "ride" of the car... i.e. noise,ride,handling, etc. I realize that a lot depends on what other parts are changed out (gear box, diff etc), but in general, is the car still comfortable and enjoyable to drive through traffic?

Cost. What sorts of estimates do you all have about net cost? Again, I realize this is profoundly affected by what mods are made in addition to the bare neccessities, and how much of it you can do yourself, but just some ball park figures...? Also, how much more would you say the car costs to run? I've heard some people say it "isn't expensive" and other say, its "very expensive," but those terms are of course quite relative.

Long term issues. Assuming the job is done well and meticulously, what sorts of "quirks" are common when making this transition that I could expect to live with for the following year(s)

thanks.
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote