View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Default houndstooth headliner

Well after searching for nearly two years, I finally found some designer houndstooth fabric that's wide enough to do my headliner. Probably not going to start this project until my car is up and running, but it's nice to finally have the materials. I started to lose hope, this stuff is ridiculously difficult to track down. I ended up purchasing 4 1/2 yards of it and it wasn't exactly cheap. It's made by an English designer who is no longer in business called Peacock & Fitch.

Most of the houndstooth fabrics I've came across were either too narrow to cover the headliner in one piece, or they've been the wrong color combo. You see a lot of houndstooth styles in the more modern two-tone pattern. However, I was going for the classic "Sherlock Holmes, Polo cologne, fancy pocket watch, leather keychain attached to a Jaguar key" look. This fabric is made of wool and is actual upholstry fabric. Most of the other stuff I've seen was poly-cotton blend suiting fabric. I should have more than enough to do my headliner, door card inserts, vader inserts, A and C pillars and maybe the parcel shelf. Of course, if I do the vaders, and rear seats, I'll also do tan leather bolsters. Thoughts, suggestions?

and oh yeah, I made this a while ago:
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote