View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Yeah, I noticed that the red really stands out too. It's actually an equally repeating patern of: moss, avocado, merlot, black, pecan and olive. These names were cut & pasted If anything, the red, excuse me "merlot" stripes should help in lining it up. I really wasn't thinking about that though. I'm just more concerned that it doesn't look wavy, meaning that the rows of "M's" are straight and not stretched or distorted. I'm also going to take special note and use the same side of the fabric for everything. If you flip it over, the pattern is reversed and the M's will be leaning in the opposite direction.

Since my carpet and plastic interior parts are black, I think you're right about the door cards and stuff being "too busy". I'll probably do the door panel inserts in the same tan leather as the vader and rear seat bolsters as well as the shift boot, parking brake boot and possibly the upper dash and rear parcel shelf. I definitely want to do houndstooth inserts on the vaders though. I loved the way the stock cloth/leather sport seats felt, especially in the summer when wearing shorts and shirtless. So maybe just houndstooth on the healiner, A & C pillars and front and rear seat inserts?

This pic shows the contrast of black carpet, door panels and plastic pieces with lighter colored inserts:

^^^But that leather is more of a cream color while I was thinking more along the lines of tan or modena:

cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote