View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #8
apexspeedtech

Default all about time

Quote:
I had this same thought this morning, minus the immediate technical know-how. I don’t know what an arduino is but a slightly delayed voltage signal tapped into the switch could do it. If you are willing to pursue it, please let me know and feel free to message me here or email at john.k@mikejohnsimports.com. Thank you!!
For me, its just about having the time to do it. An Ardunio is a cheap little open-source microcontroller that we can use to invert the button presses. They can be less than $10. I think this is the logic we need:

Upon +12V ignition (key in "run" position,) have a short dealy (3 seconds?) then send a pulse exactly as if someone pressed the button. at the same time, you use a small relay to make the light on the dash ON when its currently OFF, and vice-versa.

Changing the wiring and installing the relay is a 15min job. For someone who knows what they're doing, programming the Ardunio is a 5 min job.

So what you're telling me is I have to get off my ass and get that Ardunio for Dummys book I've been avoiding.....
apexspeedtech is offline   Reply With Quote