View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
ZeroG
I miss my Ti....... :(

Default Youre should be fine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodj
Omg, I was driving home from my friends house and i hear this clanking sort of noise.

It took me till the next day before I was about to go home that i noticed the driver side shock was hanging down at the back!!!!

Closer inspection it appears it just slipped off the bottom mount point, I don't really know what to look for but it appears nothing actually broke....

I will be honest that i did not really notice the change in drive, except for some minor shuddering.

The most i noticed was the noise of the shock hitting the mount when i went over a bump!!

I drove maybe 70 kilometres like this!!

The car is getting fixed today as the shop put the shocks on, they are bilstein, I do not know what type.

Do you expect I would have done any other damage driving like this???

Also, how would a shock come off the lower mount like that???

The rear is a separate spring a chock assembly, so it sounds like you went over a bumo and it fell out. Even with the shock out the car is still on the spring so there is really nothing to worry about other then the "TI" riding like a Cadilac. The RSM (Rear Shock Mount) is also separate from the shock. In your strunk on the rear strut tower you should see three nuts two little ones and one big one. The big one holds the RSM to the shock and the two little ones hold the RSM to the car.

Probably the big one got loose and came off or your RSM broke.

-Chad