Thread: MN 98 318ti Cali Top
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
stymes01

Default 98 318ti Cali Top

This is a feeler to see if there is any interested in my 1998 318ti California Roof base model. It has 121K original miles and is a 5 speed. I purchased it in 2006 with 32k miles and am responsible for the rest. Has a few dings/dents appropriate for the age, currently has the SRS light on, I think for the clock spring but not 100%. It has one electrical gremlin I have not tried to track down (hazards go off sometimes when you roll down the windows and always if you use the outside locks to close the windows and roof. Other than that I have original wheels in OK shape currently with snow tires on them and newer 3 series rims with older BF Goodrich tires on them. The car has seen 1.5 Minnesota winters but otherwise has been garaged all Winter. The car was originally purchased in Seattle and I went out to Denver to buy it. It has a stainless Bosal Brospeed cat back exhaust (and stock exhaust in the garage) and factory roof rack which can be hard to come by I think. No rust. Interior is in pretty good shape, the driver door panel could use some love. (just doesn't fit quite right after a not so great window repair done post break-in about 8 years ago) I have hardly driven it in the last 5 years and have a baby on the way.

In terms of work I did the front suspension with Bilstein touring struts, Meyle HD control arms and M3 bushings at about 80K miles (I think). I have never touched the rear suspension. Front brakes were done with the suspension (Rotors and EBC green stuff pads). Rear brakes were done about 5k miles ago but I think there is a bent rotor back there again. I have always run either mobile 1 or Royal purple in the summer. It does have the original clutch that will probably need to be replaced at some point soon but does not currently slip or anything. A few other little things like the sideview mirror needs new glass and my brother and sister lost the good key for it when it was in storage so I have one regular key and 2 valet keys and one fob. I can't recall all the work I've done to it, it hasn't been a ton. I did have to replace the convertible top motor. Top is currently in fine shape. It is an honest low milage cali top. It is tucked into the garage right now, I can pull it out for pictures if there is interest. It is Avus Blue with a bone leather interior. Would love for it to go to an enthusiast. Was hoping for $4800 to help with the purchase of a more family friendly vehicle but not sure if that is a realistic price or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20160901_125736.jpg Views:	332 Size:	85.4 KB ID:	17051  
stymes01 is offline   Reply With Quote