View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
MrMajicCity

Default 95 318ti m42 5 speed stalling/ running rough

Well I've decided to take another whack at getting this car running right...I've done everything I can think from replace the fuel pump to spark plugs, even the dme...car just starts up runs fine for a few minutes and then starts sputtering and eventually dies. The colder it is the longer it runs fine until the slightest bit of heat warms it up then comes the problems...loses all power at high rpms and I'm constantly having to let off the gas and reaccelerate to get the car to continue to accelerate. I don't know what else to do.. I don't want to take it to BMW. I've tried numerous time to get stomp codes but it never works and I've tried 100s of times fast slow medium speed and it never flashes. Any one close to the south side of Chicago willing to help me..? Or can anyone relate.. Car sat for 8 years before I put all new parts and stuff in it..all new clutch, suspension brakes, alternator, water pump, radiator, fan, fan switch, coolant temp sensor, oil change, fuel pump, plugs, wires, ignition coil, and only 93 fuel since to help it run a little better since the old stuff sat in the lines. I've done all I can and can't figure it out for the life of me...please I need help...I spent a lot of my savings to try to restore this car and it sucks I can't drive it...I need help...

Thanks in advance
MrMajicCity is offline   Reply With Quote