View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #111
curtdfw

OK, less than a week after buying my '96 I'm stymied with the window fix on the passenger door. What seems to be happening is that the forward edge of the glass is somehow binding up -- once I get the glass in the track (way more difficult that it should be) it's very tough to move up and down manually, and I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the forward ball popping out.

I've cleaned & lubed the tracks and replaced the broken clips. As the glass pops outward, I've rotated the track clockwise to the extent I can get my hand in there, and the liner seems to be properly seated.

Bottom line is that I can get about one cycle before it fails. The regulator looks to have been tweaked several times, and there's more side load on the bottom of the glass from the ball end of the arms than there is on the driver's side (I just checked and lubed the clips as all seems OK). I've relieved that somewhat, but am considering a new regulator.

I've had a '74 2002 for 9+ years and do most of my own work, but this has me stuck. Any further ideas, or is there a Dallas-area owners group I could kick it around with?
curtdfw is offline   Reply With Quote