View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #8
e30polak

Once the head was back from Bimmerheads, Castro Motorsport assembled the motor with all the new parts and got the car road worthy. Unfortunately I couldn’t be around for most of this process, but I got a few shots.

Car fired up first try and performed great from the start! Since we hadn't installed the flares yet, Chris let me borrow 2 pairs of wheels with usable tire to get the car down to Ayed at Kings Auto Body Shop. The Ti felt stronger than any s52 e30 I had driven (including my old one) and reminded me of my s54 e30 m3 between 2-5k rpms! The 3.25 gears made it feel nice and torquey around town, and made it easier to slide! The 3" exhaust was a bit much (as expected) as we only had one resonator, the Borla muffler and no tips at the time, but it sounded really good! Because of the muffler position, the exhaust droned pretty bad into the cabin. Since I didn't have the right wheels and tires on the car, it was hard to gauge the car's handling, but the ride quality wasn't too bad. Now it was Ayed's turn to take this project to the next level!

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports
e30polak is offline   Reply With Quote