View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Bimmertech

Default Bimmertech's S52 build/swap

Its finally time for me to get started on my engine swap which has been long overdue. A little history on the car. Its a 1996 318ti sport that I purchased back in 2005 when I moved back from Germany. It was my daily driver up until January 2010 when I purchased my X-runner. At that point it had 220K on it and the engine was becoming a little tired of my abuse. With the full intention of doing a swap someday I tucked it away in the garage to hibernate while I slowly accumulated parts. Fast forward to this past June. I moved from Orlando to Houston and pulled the car out of the garage only to have it shipped here and put it back in the garage again. Honestly I was starting to think that maybe I should get rid of or part out the car due to most of my free time and money going towards motorcycle trackdays/racing. Well I decided to go forward with it and picked up a donor car. I found it on copart a few weeks ago and ended up getting it. 1997 M3 Sedan Cosmos/Mulberry. I will be completely gutting the car and keeping what I need/want and selling the rest to help fund the project. Tomorrow if I'm not to busy at work I'm going to pull the M3 in the shop and do compression and leak down to see what kind of condition the engine is in. Here are a couple pics of the donor M3 and my ti.
Bimmertech is offline   Reply With Quote