View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 05:27 AM   #98
Shadowhunter

Just got my DME back from Barrie a few days ago. I got the 91 Octane tune because I live in California. What has my buttdyno noticed? Improved throttle response, It's a big difference, because before there would be a huge disconnect between my foot and engine response.

The dead spot between 3-4k is indeed gone, when shifting I shift right back into the power band again, it's taking some time getting used to that.

While it's not a necksnapping amount of additional torque, it is useable torque and that's what you really want. The acceleration is linear and the car revs smooth and pulls all the way to redline.
For what I paid, I'm really happy with the tune and would recommend it to anyone. Dollar for dollar this is probably the best mod you can do for your car, Why spend $500+ on an exhaust and only gain 5hp when for half that you can have an overall improvement in how your car feels. Barrie is also prompt in replying to emails and courteous, which counts for a lot in my book. Thanks Barrie!
Shadowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote