View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #238
minimike

Vehicles
Default Mike's e36 Compact Build Thread

Well I finally got round to buying the oil and coolant to try and start it, I then spent half a day trying to figure out why it wouldn't start… for some reason it wasn't getting a spark or any fuel, I automatically thought it was to do with the EWS that had been deleted thought it might not have worked or something, Anyway after a few tests I found the problem. The positive cable that came from two relays on the other side of the bay wasn't getting a live from where it was on the positive junction box for some reason so I drilled the little eye ring terminal out and hooked it up with the main battery cable and first turn of the key it fired straight up!

Then I had to try and bleed the rad out… I never thought it was be such a hard task lol! I got the front as high as possible and ran it up to temp and after a couple of hours of messing around it finally bled out and the heaters were blowing hot air. Oh and my electric Fan controller worked perfectly the fan kicks in when I need it too, But I need to rewire it to a switched Live and it stays on far too long after I turned it off lol.

Got it back on the ground last night and drove it outside, the clutch still needs bleeding out some more I think but it feels great! Developed another issue with the steering column though, the steering wheel moves up and down for some reason there it a lot of play in it, need to have a better look as to why it’s doing it.

https://vimeo.com/128970978

Now all that’s really left to do is get an exhaust made, Bolt the battery down and make that look tidy then MOT and Tax £££ Its not far from seeing the road again though I don’t think

Oh I also changed my fuel filter after laying underneath and seeing the state of it!

Follow me on Instagram @Mike_Wooding

Last edited by minimike; 05-27-2015 at 10:22 AM.
minimike is offline   Reply With Quote