View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 02:52 AM   #1
mrnine

I just bought a 1998 BMW 318ti with 89k. Purchased it on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2465495088 and just returned to Ohio from Texas...1,000 miles.

Perhaps I'm bold to put my new BMW through such a rigorous test right away, but it passed with flying colors. The car performed remarkably. I'm absolutely in love and very pleased with my purchase.

What steps should I take from here for maintenance, not really knowing the maintenance history? Ideally, I'd like to know what I should do "now" and what I should consider doing in say the next 10k.

My maintenance indicator (at least that's what I believe it is) shows all four greens lit, but not the orange or yellow. Is an oxygen sensor a must at 100,000 miles? Should I expect that in 10k? If so, what might it cost? Is it anything that can (or shouldn't) be installed by me?

If I choose to change my own oil, I guess I'll need the special tool that I've seen advertised on eBay. I'm not new to vehicle maintenance, just BMW maintenance. Any advice, specific or general?

Thanks in advance,
Proud 318ti (with California top!) Owner
mrnine is offline   Reply With Quote