View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
mobius

Hoping for the best for you man sorry to hear that. For me I had to use a mirror the entire time I fought with that connector. I also had to remove the coil pack and all of that stuff on left side of the motor looking from the front. They don't make it obvious in any manuals but if you work from the left with plug wires coil pack and that tray the wires run in removed theres more room to work. I fought with it for a while from the right side before I decided to remove all of that stuff and go the other side. Much easier. Although like I said I fought with the oem part forever. The oring was the problem. No matter what I did I couldn't get the connector to seal all the way around. I used a telescoping kobalt mirror to look all around the connector. One side would always be not level with the head which I know would leak if I left it that way. I used coolant as a lubricant too hoping that would help. Finally I carefully had to use a pry bar and put some force on each corner to get it seated properly. Then I put the bolts in and tightened them. I tried to tighten them while seating the connector but they would always back out. My friend bought the genuine part and didn't have nearly as much trouble as I did. Everything on this car including the starter has been easy to fix except that part. What a pita.
mobius is offline   Reply With Quote