View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #9
denglish318ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpcapital View Post
Ok, sorry it took me so long...

From the top of the screw to the surface of the RRFPR (not the nut, the actual RRFPR) it's exactly 7mm
Cheers Zeta, I measured mine and it was 7mm too, but I had only adjusted that using my best guess. I bought a fuel pressure gauge and checked the pressure and to get it right it took the screw down to 4mm, which is a bit weird as I cant imagine there being too much variation between the units. Cheers for the help, it gave me the balls to turn it in some more!

Anyway, for anyone who needs help setting up there RRFPR (any make) you should do the following.
1) Install RRFPR after fuel rail. Flow should be Fuel pump --> Fuel rail --> RRFPR --> return line
2) Install a cheap £10 fuel pressure gauge which goes to 100psi BETWEEN the fuel rail and RRFPR. Remember to use teflon tape on the gauge joints (guess how I know!). Should now be Fuel pump --> Fuel rail --> Fuel pressure gauge --> RRFPR --> return line
3) Start car, check for leaks! Use some blunt pliers and crimp the line between the fuel pressure gauge and RRFPR. Check pressure reaches 100psi and then release. Dont hold it at that pressure long. This checks the fuel pump can reach the needed pressure.
4) The pressures we are looking for are about
40psi idle, 18InHg vacuum
50psi 0psi
75-90 psi at 8psi boost
Screw the top screw in to get the fuel pressure to increase. You can check the pressure at 0psi by removing the small hose that goes to the top of the RRFPR. Leave the RRFPR open to atmosphere, and plug the end that goes to the manifold up.
Only way to test at 8 psi is to drive it. I taped my gauge to my windscreen wiper so I could see it inside the car. DO NOT RUN THE GAUGE INSIDE THE CAR

Car now pulls a lot better, I am still only at 80 psi fuel pressure at 8psi boost, I might crank it up a bit more to be on the safe side, but its nice to have a car that works quite well. Now where can I buy a smaller pulley and a ECU with the NickG software on