View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #26
DanOx

Vehicles

*** UPDATE!! ***

Hey all,

Back from the hospital as a new dad now! Very exciting! ...and yes, I purchased the BMW Baby Racer from the local BMW dealer the week I found out my wife was pregnant. (even though he won't be able to use it for another 2yrs)

Anyway, an update on my TI swap. She is still for sale, kind of went AWOL there with the birth of my son - sorry for ignoring any inquiries about the car.

And I did troubleshoot & fix the shifting notchyness issue that I mentioned when first posted. Was looking at tranny mounts, linkage, fluid, etc. Turns out the aftermarket clutch backstop has simply loosened (probably wasn't torqued down enough after the clutch job last year). Was nearly all the way out, hand loose, so the clutch wasn't fully engaging, causing 1st gear to be very hard to engage, and 2nd to be somewhat difficult as well. She is all sorted once again & ready to go!

Let me know if you have any questions. Love to sell to another BMW enthusiast, and especially a TI enthusiast from the forum. (keep her in the "family")

If she doesn't sell in another week or two I'll probably just put her on eBay for more exposure.

Cheers,
Dan

(I will update my original post now, removing the tranny issue as she is now fixed.)
DanOx is offline   Reply With Quote