View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 06:35 AM   #7
anassa

Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johjamkep View Post
I found people who make adapters to fit e46 rear brakes and still keep my ebrake.
Not sure about the strength of Torsen vs. clutch type diffs. I have used quaife in FWD cars that held up beautifully for 7 seven years but the diff. alone is like $1500. Thayer can add two extra clutches and and cryo gear treatment for that price. I am using a 2.93 gear with pretty wide street tires. I think I might have to flip a coin on which route to go really, just hoping to come across someone with experience with either. I feel like either route is pretty strong and not ever mounting slicks should help with longevity. We'll see.

Are you going with the 300mm rear vented setup? I bought the adapters for those myself, I haven't installed them yet.

True, sounds like a plan, keeping to lower geared diff, maybe some thicker e30/custom axles, not too sticky tires to keep the weak link at the tire, not drive-train and you might be good to go.

Good luck!

***328ti Build thread. ***

Even more important:
SUPPORT 318ti.org! CLICK THE LINK ABOVE!
Hosting a forum like this is not free. 318ti.org is one of the best BMW forums on the web because it is member supported, not vendor supported. The cost to become a Supporter is a nominal $10.00... A YEAR! DO IT! NOW!
anassa is offline   Reply With Quote