View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
cmoore

Default 1997 318ti + DASC to sell

We have a tight driveway: A few weeks ago when I took my wifes brand new orange subaru crosstrek for its first oil change, she had to drive one of my cars to work. When returning from work, driving my 318ti, she scuffed my Z3's bumper attempting to park. No real damage to 318, but the Z3 bumper got a bit scratched. This AM, yet again, leaving the driveway, she scratched her new car on the other side of my Z3's rear quarter, damaging both cars. While I'd like to say she's a bad driver, she really isn't, its just we have too many cars (4 parked awkwardly in a small T shaped driveway. But what it does make me think it might be time to get rid of one. And the Ti is likely the odd man out. Its a good car that hasn't given me any trouble. Its not even that i don't want it, but i have been in possession of a used DASC kit for about 3 months and haven't had a even a thought about having time to install it. Car is in good shape. Montreal Blue with grey fabric interior. Not a show car; a small spot of rust on each rear wheel well, small dent on trunk lid, a bad (PO) repair job to front fender, headliner missing from the sunroof, and the ABS light on (likely the passenger seat thing?)
But other than that, its a pretty good car, and looks real nice from a few feet away. Currently an active with 171k miles: (never overheated). I have owned the car for over 2 years now and never had a problem.
Upgrades/recent:
low mileage HR sport springs and Bilsteins,
sport sway bars with new links,
shock/strut tower reinforcing plates,
DS1 with new tires (maybe 2k on tires at most)
300mm front rotors with appropriate calipers/brackets
Did the door panel repair and window slides/regulators work smoothly.
Has the original radio, but the trunk CD changer, HK speakers and amp...(long story)
DDM m3 front bumper
(i'm told new clutch)

Other parts/things i have but not yet installed;
dove grey vaders - not trashed
extra set of rims style 30 i think with good tires
spare radiator, waterpump, thermostat
front left fender
(2) rear "sport" bumpers
rear decklid (no dent)
door panels in the leather finish to better match the dove seats
DJ auto LED headlights
a bunch of other random stuff.
the wider "sport" plastic door/fender trim
As you can see this was a car that runs fine and great candidate for daily driver, but could also be much more. I had greater plans for it, but given everything else, probably a waste for me at this time.

While the car and mileage don't justify a ridiculous price tag, (and not nearly the money a lot of cars here and on CL ask for cars in worse shape/higher mileage..) But we all know what the DASC is worth on the used market. That said, I am asking $4500. Might seem like a lot for the package, but at 2K the DASC's sell real quick and between the DS1's/suspension/brakes, $2500 is a pretty decent price (i think) for a great runner. And before you ask me to sell the DASC separately, my answer would be for you to find someone who wants to buy an extra car, buy both and then sell it to them. I get it, but without the DASC the car is not all that valuable, and might take a while to sell here where the weather has started to get cold. I don't need the money, what i need is driveway/garage/storage space.

If there is something specific you would want to see in pictures, let me know.

Chris
cmoore.ny@gmail.com

email/PM for more info/questions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	bmw318ti.jpg Views:	981 Size:	96.0 KB ID:	15281  

Last edited by cmoore; 10-20-2014 at 08:58 PM. Reason: adding pix
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote