Thread: New seats!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
cooljess76
NOBODY F's with the Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV7 View Post
I did see cooljess76’s post about removing BOTH sensors before removing seats and how the holes need to be drilled out slightly bigger.
huh? I don't remember saying any of that. You need to get seats from a coupe or convertible. Sedan seats don't tilt forward to allow access to the rear. You need to disconnect the battery PRIOR to unplugging the SRS connectors under the seats and only reconnect the battery AFTER everything is properly reconnected or you'll end up with an airbag light that will require a special tool or a trip to the dealer to reset. As far as I know, any e36 seats will bolt right up, no need to enlarge holes or anything like that. But like I said, make sure you get seats out of a coupe or vert if you want to maintain the tilt feature. The only thing that you may need to swap is the lower belt tensioners: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...20&hg=72&fg=05

If your car was built before 03/97, you need the older "mechanical" style tensioners. If your car was built on or after 03/97, you need the newer "pyrotechnic" tensioners. So if you get seats from a car that has different style tensioners than what your car was originally equipped with, you'll need to swap them out as they're attached to the seats.
cooljess76 is offline   Reply With Quote