View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
Will'sBimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarync View Post
Not that I have done this before, but if seems like it can't be too difficult.

I would imagine if there is no tension and the lever moves freely, the bowden cable either broke or popped off the lever.

I am also kind of a 'go figure it out for myself' type of person so I don't mind the adventure in the uncharted territory every once in a while. I would probably just take the entire seat out and check out the bottom and see how the bowden cables attach to the lever, and see if you can find the free end of the cable and match it up.
Well I looked at the bottom of my seat and after finding the bowden cable, I found out that it is my cable that has broken. It is in two pieces and it does not look repairable since the cable is untangling. As of right now I can still reach under the seat and pull up on the piece and it will lean the seat forward.(ghetto but it works) I see on realoem the bowden cable is only Ten bucks. Not bad but considering that I will have to take the whole seat apart just to run the new cable makes me think it will be a pain. Do any of you think that running a new cable will be difficult or tedious?????
custom dual exhaust,M3 front and rear bumper, 10.4 inch roof mount drop screen, Viper alarm system, DSII's rims, M3 Vader Seats, M3 Mirrors, Carbon Fiber CAI, Smoked Corners, Side Markers, Leatherz armrests, black grilles

225k miles and still the Ti goes on
Will'sBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote