View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #5
ovosh.m

Vehicles

The 2k was from comparing prices I could find w/ google.
It seems an N52 can be had for ~700 dollars on average.
While the S52 seems to go for much higher .

I'll take a look around various forums, but don't have a FB account and don't really want to make one. Is that a good market for car stuff?

I don't think I really want/need much more power than a stock M54B30 or N52B30 or S52 would make. maybe a bit more torque, but I really liked how my friends S52 swapped Ti drove.

I think I'm set to undertake something like this financially, and have plenty of time as there is no rush to complete it.
I'd say I'm probably on par w/ a decent indy mechanic, although i haven't done any complicated engine work. Done pretty much everything else though.

I'd like to try and do a lot of this myself.
Learning new skills is something Im always trying to do. I went to college for Electrical Engineering so I think I can sort most of the wiring/interfacing. I also have access to a pretty decent machine shop at work, so can probably fabricate things if necessary.
That said, I understand there is a lot of experience and knowledge shops can provide that I would be hard-pressed to replace w/ research and perseverance.

Figuring out what I want out of this is exactly why I joined. Gotta know whats possible and the pros/cons.
ovosh.m is offline   Reply With Quote