View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:11 AM   #1
Ragnorak

Default M Roadster Suspension Swap (front and rear subframes, brakes, etc) questions

Hey all, I'm mostly a lurker on these boards but I wanted to tap into the expertise here so I'm prepped for my suspension upgrade. I bought a salvage titled M Roadster almost entirely to snag the rear dropout out of the car. Here's where my questions come in.

Rear Suspension
Bushings
What bushings are recommended for a mostly street and occasional HPDE car? I've read that using poly or urethane subframe bushings coupled with OEM rubber trailing arm/diff bushings are the best compromise, but I'd like to hear some opinions. I want the car to be planted but not overly harsh and I don't want to deal with squeaking.

Parking Brake Cables
I read that the coupe/roadster parking brake cables are too short. Do the 318ti's brake cables connect directly to the parking brake assembly?

Offsets
I've read on r3vlimited that, from hub to hub, the M Roadster rear suspension is 18 mm thinner on each side. Is this true? Would you be able to run a lower offset tire with the M Roadster suspension compared to the 318ti?

Front Suspension
Subframe
Does the M3 front subframe and motor mounts fit the M44? I wanted to refresh the control arms and motor mounts before going through with my swap.

Z3 Steering Rack
Swap the high and low pressure lines and go? Or is there more to this?

I know there are a lot of questions here but I appreciate the help! The resources here already answered a ton of my questions.