View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #28
cnaville210

Found out something interesting about the radiator mounts.. The ti uses one m3 mount, and one longer one. The m3 uses two identical short ones on both sides:

I then went about muscling everything into the car. This was a challenge, since I didn't want to hang the sub-frame assembly from the engine mounts like we originally planned, since we now knew they were not connected with solid steel anywhere within the mount.

This is the clearance behind the firewall. Connecting the heater hose with the intake manifold on the motor was near impossible.

The shorty headers didn't clear a heat shield that covers the control arm bushing, so we just jammed her on there anyway. The result worked to get the motor in, but had some consequences:

Here is the shifter poking victoriously into the car:

The car fired right up first time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmUkg5UyOU4

Shot of under the rear with the diff pulled.

Replaced the brake lines with SS ones:

Diff came in the mail. Couldn't wait to buy some E30 axles to mount it up. I ended up getting a 2001 M-Coupe 3.23 LSD.

Bled the radiator, hooked up the AC, and mounted everything else so the motor could run with coolant flowing through it. The fan powers on perfectly, since it is plugged into the ti's radiator plug.

Put the rest of the front end on, and mounted all of the M3 plastics:

Last edited by cnaville210; 07-06-2012 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Wrong pic
cnaville210 is offline   Reply With Quote